Skip to main content

My first day at Antwerp, Belgium.

 Before boarding my flight, from Birsa Munda Airport; I did quite an extensive research upon Antwerp. Historical places, stories behind them, best chocolatiers, best ice-cream parlors and many more.



Amsterdam was fun but coming to Antwerp was the main agenda, since I was a part of the summer school course at University of Antwerp. I had one day at hand to explore Antwerp, since my classes were scheduled from the next day. Early morning, I went to the nearest big Mart, picked multigrain -bread, croissant, cherry tomato and hummus dips. I picked a regular cup of coffee went to the Antwerp Station, fetched a map in French and Dutch (Oh Gosh! Maps in English were out of stock).

The person standing next to the Ticket vending machine asked me to go the board next to the exit gate, and click a photo of the map printed on the board. I genuinely wanted to hug him, he made my plans execute so easy.

Since Antwerp is a small city, finding my way towards Antwerp Zoo was not difficult. Being a student is always a perk, I received a discount of 5 euros on the ticket which made me even more happier. (I mean who doesn't like discount).



The zoo had a huge collection of different species. It was filled with the beauty of Flora and Fauna. The butterfly garden just melted my heart. It was so colorful with varieties of butterflies, I just couldn't stop from clicking so many pictures. (Yes, I clicked around 58 pictures). That was great fun, it reminded me of the day when my parents used to take me to the Zoo at Kolkata.

Since I was hungry walking so long, I found restaurants but was not in a mood of having something heavy, so I decided to grab an ice-cream from the shop named. Australian Ice-Cream. I have always been fond of the Amul Dark Chocolate, but that flavor of chocolate was simply mesmerizing.

I decided to come back to the hostel, take some rest and then visit the Opera House. (Unfortunately, I couldn't since the opera house was undergoing construction)

Nevertheless, I was satisfied with my one day exploration of Antwerp. I started arranging my stuffs that I needed at University and went back to bed for a good night sleep and a sigh of excitement within. Yayy! Super excited to meet multidisciplinary friends from different nation. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life at Gunj!

  I was two when I was brought to Mccluskiegunj by my parents. Born in West Bengal , the culture of Jharkhand was entirely different for me. With passing time and me growing, this place created a special place in my heart. The serenity, the calmness, the cold breeze, misty mornings made it a little hill station. Every winter, I used to meet tourists who visited Mccluskiegunj . Bengali speaking tourists used to fill my heart with immense joy and I used to wait for this part of the year, when they use to share their experiences at Gunj . Let me introduce you to the real Mccluskiegunj . It is a small hillstation situated  70 kilometres from Ranchi , the state capital of Jharkhand. This place is well connected with roadways and railways. Mccluskiegunj has received its name from the founder of this place, Mr. E. T. Mccluskie ; an Anglo-Indian who came from Calcutta. Let me inform you with the fact, that Mccluskiegunj is the only village with Anglo Indians residing in it, though th...

A short and sudden trip to Paris!

The weekend was about to start and I had another two days to explore. For the first day, I thought of visiting Antwerp and for the second day, I was a little confused between visiting Amsterdam again or visiting some other city. I decided to explore Paris- City of Love. Late evening I decided to board a Euro-Bus, take a six hour journey and reach Paris. As planned, I reached Paris around 1am in the night, and guess what I had no hotel bookings done, and as I said I had no international internet connectivity on my smart phone. Found a hotel near to the bus station, but  they were full. The main agenda of visiting Paris was to visit one of the seven wonders of the world- Eiffel Tower. So, I decided to walk down the street and reach to the Eiffel. On my way, I bought some souvenirs and found out that the shop owner  hailed from Pakistan. He directed me to board the bus number 7, the last bus to Eiffel Tower. Back in my mind, I thought I have so much time, why not walk and find my...